Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do you have experts like doctors to review and assess the manuscripts you receive?
Answer: We have a pool of experts with diverse areas of knowledge to review manuscripts of different areas of specialization.
- Have you published any book about African History?
Answer: Our publications emerge from various fields of research and specialization. We have a number of authors from different fields such as History, Geography, Economics, Science and Arts in general.
- Where is DUP located at UDSM main campus?
Answer: DUP is located at same building with REDT, opposite to 24-Room of Wilbert Chagula Library.
- Do you write all books yourselves?
Answer: No. We normally receive manuscripts from our clients, including students, staff and the public. However, it is possible to have our own in-house manuscripts for publication.
- What kind of publications do you deal with?
Answer: Academic books, proceedings, journals, magazines, policies and procedures, prospectus, fictional books, among others.
- What are your publishing prices?
Answer: Please, visit the section on our prices.
- What processes are involved in publishing?
Answer: We normally have the following processes: assessment, reviewing, editing, typesetting, proofreading and cover designing.
- How long does it take to publish a book at DUP?
Answer: The time to publish a manuscript ranges from four to eight months depending on the nature of the manuscript and responses of the reviewer and the author during the whole publishing process.
- Why can’t you have special (cheap) prices for students to motivate them publishing with you?
Answer: So far, DUP offers the cheapest prices in Tanzania and beyond. Therefore, our prices are affordable to all types of our clients.